Following a carbon monoxide leak in the building on Tuesday morning, several kids at a daycare in Pennsylvania were ill.
Captain John Christopher of the Allentown Fire Department told WFMZ-TV that the incident happened at the Happy Smiles Learning Center.
According to the station, all of Allentown’s ambulances were responding to the spill. According to reports, several kids were rushed from the daycare on stretchers and sent to hospitals all throughout the Lehigh Valley.
The 26 kids and teaching assistants were reportedly transported to four neighboring hospitals, where they were all in stable condition.
The report stated that a nearby daycare was letting the kids stay there and be warm as some waited for transportation to the scene.
Parents have been informed about the event, according to officials.
One child passed out, which led to the request for help. When they discovered carbon monoxide, the responding firefighters started a complete evacuation.