This article covers details on how international students gain admission to the University of Portsmouth. When you apply as an international student, there are a few things you need to take note of. Continue reading below.
How International Students Gain Admission to the University of Portsmouth
These are the factors on how international students gain admission to the University of Portsmouth. Applicants from some countries may have to meet individual requirements.
English language requirements
To participate in courses and lectures, as well as to complete assignments, you must have a good understanding of English.
The level of English you’ll need varies depending on the course you choose to take; these prerequisites are listed on each course’s website. You must show that you fulfill the English language criteria for your course by submitting the results of an English language exam that we approve before we can confirm your seat.
If you do not fulfill the English language requirements for this course at the time of application, you can meet them by enrolling in a pre-sessional English program with us before starting your course. Some students are exempt from these requirements, such as those from countries where English is the official language.
Obtaining a Visa
As you’ll probably know already, you’ll need a visa to study in the UK, and you’ll need an offer of a place with us before you can apply for your visa, so you should apply for a course first. You can read more about this on our Visas page.
Documents Needed in the Process
When you apply to join the University of Portsmouth, the following documents will be needed:
1. A completed application form – there’s a link to the form you’ll need in the ‘apply’ section at the bottom of every course page
2. A Personal Statement or Statement of Purpose explaining why you want to study this course and why you have chosen our University. Some personal statements need specific information, so check your course page for full details.
3. Officially certified and translated copies of your high school or college qualification and grades (for undergraduate courses)
4. Officially certified and translated copies of your degree qualification and grades (for Postgraduate courses)
5. Proof of your English language level (such as an IELTS Certificate)
6. One academic reference on official headed paper for undergraduate courses or two references for postgraduate courses
Please note that we require video credibility interviews for applicants from certain countries. Our regional leads will be in contact to coordinate this with the applicant directly.
The University may contact you for more information once your application is received. You will also be notified if your application is unsuccessful. The admission team will either make you an offer or recommend alternatives. If you get an offer from us, you’ve already gotten an offer from us; nevertheless, there’s still a lot to consider.
Get Even More Information About University of Portsmouth
Below includes other relevant information you may want to read about University of Portsmouth:
In conclusion, this article covered details on how international students gain admission to the University of Portsmouth. For more information on how international students gain admission to the University of Portsmouth, click here If you liked this article, continue reading our Latest Articles. You may also find us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.Follow Cbgist.com On: