Before the release of her Midnight album, Taylor Swift released her special Chjaii cookie recipe to the world. This was after a fan screenshotted her post in which she had posted her cookie.
Taylor went on to show the world how to prepare the delicious cookie. Read in to find out.
What Are Taylor Swift’s Iconic Chai Cookies?
According to Taylor Swift, there are two ways to go about the preparation of her Chai Cookies.
You can; “The quick and easy way is to make sugar cookies from a sugar cookie mix and just cut open a packet of chai tea and pour it into the batter as you make it. Cause you’re busy and you want to make cookies to be a chill part of your day.
“If you want to make the cookies from scratch (that’s what I did for the 1989 Secret Sessions), you can use this recipe I found on a baking blog I like, joythebaker.com and I believe it was originally from a book called The Pastry Queen. If you want another great baking blog, I get a lot of great ideas from smittenkitchen.com too. This is a recipe for basic insanely good sugar cookies. I added the chai element to the recipe because I thought it would infuse cosy holiday vibes into the cookie and it really did. So I’ll start with the part that I added to the recipe.”
- ½ cup Unsalted Butter (preferably at room temperature)
- ½ cup Vegetable Oil
- ½ cup Granulated Sugar
- ½ cup Powdered Sugar
- 2 Teaspoons of Vanilla Extract
- 1 Egg
- 1 Bag of Tea Leaves (You can use any tea leaves of your choice)
- 2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- ½ Teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line your baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Beat the butter in a large bowl at medium speed for about 1 minute. Stir till it becomes light and fluffy.
- Add in the vegetable oil. Beat to combine. It’s ok if the butter and the oil do not mix properly.
- Now, add the granulated sugar, powdered sugar, and all of the spices to the bowl. Beat to combine.
- After that, add the egg and vanilla extract. Beat on medium speed until completely blended.
- Stir in the flour, baking soda, and salt with either a wooden spoon or mixer set on low.
- The dough should be soft. Refrigerate it for either 1 hour or freeze it for 15 minutes to make it easier to use
- For large cookies, place 2 tablespoons of the dough onto the cookie sheet about 2 inches apart. For smaller cookies use 1 tablespoon of dough.
- Press the dough evenly with your fingers or palm to 1/4-inch thickness. Roll each cookie dough in a small bowl of cinnamon sugar before placing it on the sheet.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes for larger cookies or 8 to 10 minutes for smaller cookies.
- Once the cookies have cooled down, top them up with glaze and sprinkle some cinnamon on top for an extra hint of spice.
How To Prepare The Glaze
Ingredients for eggnog glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon, plus an extra for sprinkling on top
- 3 tablespoons of milk or eggnog
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients until it makes a thick but spreadable glaze.
- Spread each cooled cookie with graze just over the centre, leaving the edges of the cookie free of glaze.
- Sprinkle with fresh nutmeg if desired.
- And most importantly, enjoy!