This article will introduce you to the Michael Jackson Biography, his Awards, Songs, Albums and Net Worth, his death, Children, His wife and all other valuable information about the King of Pop.
Michael Jackson even after his death is arguably one of the most popular musician of all time.
Born on 29th August 1958 In Gary a suburb of Indiana, United States of America and Died on June 25th 2009 at age 50, Michael Joseph Jackson was an American American singer, songwriter, and dancer who was the most popular entertainer in the world in the early and mid-1980s to 2000s.
His father’s name is Joseph Jackson and his mother is Katherine Jackson.
Michael Jackson was the youngest and most talented of his five male siblings whom his father, Joseph Jackson, shaped into a dazzling group of child stars known as the Jackson 5.
In all, Michael Jackson had Ten(10)siblings even though his father had kids outside his marriage, the list below are Michael Jackson’s biological siblings.
In all, Michael Jackson had ten(10) Siblings namely;
- Rebbie Jackson – (Female)
- Jackie Jackson – (Male)
- Tito Jackson – (Male)
- Jermaine Jackson – (Male)
- LaToya Jackson – (Female)
- Marlon Jackson- (Male)
- Brandon Jackson-(Male)
- Michael Jackson – (Male)
- Randy Jackson – (Male)
- Janet Jackson – (Female)
Joe Jackson their father had passion for music while growing up and envisage to become a musician but once that didn’t happen, he together with his wife Katherine devoted their time and effort in making sure their children takes up the mantle to become global music icons of which Michael Jackson their son truly became.
Michael Jackson Career
As stated above Michael Jackson began his career in the company of his sibling with the group Jackson 5
They played local parties and event and in a few months on, people heard about them beyond Indiana.
Berry Gordy Jr, President of Motown records was impressed by the groups exploits and have them signed to his record label in 1969.
Based on their style, their sense of fashion and dance moves when performing, the group became an instant success.
As Michael Jackson matured, his voice changed, family tensions arose, and a contract standoff ensued.
This was how fone Michael Jackson became a Solo artiste which brought him unimaginable fame and success with his career.
Michael Jackson Albums
How many albums did Michael Jackson make? Is one of the most asked questions by people on the internet.
Now here is the facts;
As a solo artist, Michael Jackson made 10 studio albums, but before he started out life as a soloist he was also the lead singer in a famous band.
The Jackson 5, also known as The Jacksons at different times, released 15 studio albums with Michael involved, and another without him.
Below is a list of the ten Studio Albums Michael Jackson recoded before his demise in 2009.
- Got to be There: Released 24th January 1972
- Ben: Released 4th August 1972
- Music and Me: Released 13th April 1973
- Forever Michael: Released 16th January 1975
- Off The Wall: Released 10th August 1979
- Thriller: Released 30th November 1982
- Bad: Released 31st August 1987
- Dangerous: Released 26th November 1991
- History, Past Present and Future: Released 20th June 1995
- Invincible: Released 30th October 2001
Speaking of Albums, Michael Jackson is the standard when it comes to releasing successful albums.
The records of his Thriller album is still up there for anyone to catch.
The album sold over 40 million copies at the time it was released making it the most sold album of all time by an artiste.
Some of the top songs in the above listed albums includes;
- Billie Jean Thriller · 1982
- Smooth Criminal
- Beat It Thriller · 1982
- They Don’t Care About Us
- HIStory: Past, Present and Future, Book I · 1995
- The Way You Make Me Feel
- Earth Song Thriller · 1982
- Heal the World Dangerous · 1991
- Man in the Mirror
- Don’t Stop ’til You Get Enough Off the Wall · 1979
- Remember the Time Dangerous · 1991
- You Rock My World Invincible · 2001
- Rock With You Off the Wall · 1979
- Black Or White
- Wanna Be Startin’ Somethin’ Thriller · 1982
- Dirty Diana
- Bad 25
- Love Never Felt So Good
- I Want You Back
- You Are Not Alone
- Michael Jackson DMC Megamix
- The Ultimate Fan Extras Collection
- Thriller · 1982
- Will You Be There
- Dangerous · 1991
- Blood on the Dance Floor
- Off the Wall · 1979
- Slave to the Rhythm
- ABC · 1970
- Blame It on the Boogie
- Who Is It
- Give in to Me
- Dangerous · 1991
- Liberian Girl
- Bad 25
- HIStory: Past, Present and Future, Book I · 1995
Michael Jackson Awards
In his period as a musician, not only did Michael Jackson release timeless hit albums.
The albums or the songs brought dozens of awards and recognitions even after his demise.
Here is the list of all the awards Michael Jackson won in his lifetime.
- Grammy Award for Album of the Year1984 · Thriller
- Grammy Award for Album of the Year 1984 · Thriller
- Grammy Award for Song of the Year 1986 · We Are The World
- Brit Award for Best Selling Album 1984 · Thriller
- Grammy Award for Record of the Year 1984 · Beat It
- Grammy Award for Best Music Video 1996, 1990 · Scream, Leave Me Alone
- Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award 2010
- Grammy Hall of Fame 2009, 2008 · Off the Wall, Thriller
- Grammy Award for Best R&B Song 1984 · Billie Jean
- NAACP Image Award for Outstanding Actor in a Motion Picture 1979 · The Wiz
- MTV Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award 1988
- MTV Video Music Award for Best Choreography 1995, 1984 · Scream, Thriller
- Grammy Award for Producer of the Year, Non-Classical 1984
- Grammy Award for Best Male Pop Vocal Performance 1984 · Thriller
- Brit Award for British Video of the Year 1989 · Smooth Criminal – Radio Edit
- Grammy Award for Best Music Film 1985 · Thriller
- MTV Video Music Award for Best Dance Video 1995 · Scream
- American Music Award for Favorite Album Pop/Rock 2009, 1993, 1984 · Number Ones, Dangerous, Thriller
- World Music Award – Chopard Diamond Award 2006
- American Music Award for Favorite Album Soul/R&B 2009, 1984, 1981, … · Number Ones, Thriller, Off the Wall
- MTV Video Music Award for Best Visual Effects 1989 · Leave Me Alone
- Soul Train Music Award for Best R&B/Soul Single – Male 1993, 1989, 1988 · Remember The Time, Man in the Mirror, Bad
- Grammy Legend Award 1994
- Brit Award for International Male Solo Artist 1989
- Grammy Award for Best Male R&B Vocal Performance 1984, 1980 · Billie Jean, Don’t Stop ‘Til You Get Enough
- Billboard Spotlight Award 1989
- MTV Video Music Award for Best Art Direction 1995 · Scream
- Grammy Award for Best Male Rock Vocal Performance 1984 · Beat It
- Juno Award for International Single of the Year 1984 · Billie Jean
- MTV Europe Music Award for Best Male 1995
- NAACP Image Award for Outstanding Music Video 2002 · You Rock My World
- MTV Movie Award for Best Musical Moment 1994 · Will You Be There
- People’s Choice Award for Favorite Music Video 1989, 1984 · Smooth Criminal – Radio Edit, Thriller
- People’s Choice Award for Favorite New Song 1986 · We Are The World
- American Music Award for Favorite Male Artist Soul/R&B 2009, 1984, 1981, …
- Danish Music Award for International Album of the Year 1996 · HIStory: Past, Present and Future, Book I
- American Music Award for Favorite Pop/Rock Single 1984 · Billie Jean
- NRJ Music Award of Honor 2008
- Echo Award for Best International Rock/Pop Male Artist 1993
- NAACP Image Award for Entertainer of the Year 1993
- MTV Video Music Award for Viewer’s Choice 1984 · Thriller
- American Music Award for Favorite Male Artist Pop/Rock 2009, 1996, 1984
- Soul Train Music Award for Best R&B/Soul Album – Male 1993, 1988 · Dangerous, Bad
- American Music Award of Merit 1984
- MTV Video Music Award for Best Overall Performance 1984 · Thriller
- NRJ Music Award for International Male Artist of the Year 2002
- Billboard Music Award for No. 1 World Single 1992 · Black or White
- World Music Award Millennium Award for Best Selling Pop Male Artist of the Millennium 2000
- Soul Train Music Award for Best Video of the Year 1989 · Man in the Mirror
- American Music Award International Artist Award 1993
- American Music Award for Favorite Soul/R&B Single 1993, 1988, 1980 · Remember The Time, Bad, Don’t Stop ‘Til You Get Enough
- American Music Award for Favorite Soul/R&B Video 1984 · Beat It
Michael Jackson’s Controversial Lifestyle and Legal Battles
Just as Michael Jackson was famous around, he was having a lot of legal issues in his homeland America.
In the early 1990s, his reputation was seriously damaged in 1993 when he was accused of child molestation by a 13-year-old boy he had befriended; a civil suit was settled out of court
While he remained an international celebrity, his image in the United States was slow to recover, and it suffered even more in November 2003 when he was arrested and charged with child molestation.
After a 14-week trial that became something of a media circus, Jackson was acquitted in 2005.
Michael Jackson’s Marriage and Children
In his trouble of facing charges against Child molestation, Michael Jackson found solace in having a wife.
In 1994 Jackson secretly married Lisa Marie Presley, daughter of Elvis Presley, but their marriage lasted less than two years.
After their divorce Shortly thereafter, Michael Jackson married again, this marriage producing children, though it too ended in divorce.
The name of Michael Jackson’s Three children how are;
- Michael Joseph Jackson Jr
- Paris Michael Katherine Jackson
- Prince Michael Jackson
Michael Jackson’s Net Worth
In the wake of these events listed above, Michael Jackson eventually suffered a financial collapse that resulted in the sale of many of his considerable assets, including, ultimately, his lavish Neverland ranch.
He was preparing for a series of high-profile concerts he hoped would spark a comeback when he died suddenly of cardiac arrest on June 25, 2009
At the time of his death in 2009, Michael Jackson’s Net worth with respect to his asset was 111 Million dollars.
A decade after his death, a series of his albums have been released with other things if his auctioned, Jackson is currently estimated to worth little over a billion dollars.
Michael Jackson’s Death
Michael Jackson was preparing for a series of high-profile concerts he hoped would spark a comeback to his fortunes when he died suddenly of cardiac arrest on June 25, 2009.
Jackson was deep into rehearsals for his comeback tour. The pressure is on, and the singer has complained about not being able to sleep.
When and how did Michael Jackson die?
On June 25, 2009, Michael Jackson died of cardiac arrest in Los Angeles, California, at age 50. Jackson’s death, which was caused by a lethal combination of sedatives and propofol, an anesthetic, was ruled a homicide.
Through the night and morning of his last rehearsal and preparation for his tour, Michael Jackson receives a series of drugs meant to help him sleep, officials would later say.
Jackson is rushed to a hospital by Los Angeles Fire Department paramedics, who found him in cardiac arrest and not breathing. Efforts to revive him are unsuccessful.
The Cause of Michael Jackson’s Death
The medical report after his death stated that Michael Jackson died from the combination of drugs in his body, with the most significant drugs being the anesthetic propofol and the anxiolytic lorazepam.
Some other Less significant drugs found in Jackson’s body were midazolam, diazepam, lidocaine, and ephedrine.
Last Words of Michael Jackson
I can’t function if I don’t sleep. They’ll have to cancel it. “And I don’t want them to cancel it, but they will have to cancel it.” According to the doctor who was the last person to see the singer before he was rushed to hospital, these were his final words.
Source:Cbgist.comFollow Cbgist.com On: