Mind Blowing Facts About South Africa You Probably Didn’t Know.
Discovering new informations and ideas on regular basis is one way to empower the brain, making one productive and creative. Let me take you through these facts about South Africa that will add up to your ideology about the country.
South Africa as a country located in one of the rated poorest Continent in the world, is now competing with first-world countries in terms of infrastructure, growth and advancement.
Here are some interesting facts about South Africa in view of economy, entertainment, population, languages and other sectors.
• South Africa is the world largest producer of platinum and chromium and also big in producing Gold.
•The South Africa rand had a greater value than the US Dollar for 21 years (1961-1982).
• It is also ranked the 19th largest global producer of electricity and the 18th biggest road network in the world.
• South Africa is a dynamic multi-party democracy with an independent judiciary having a free and diverse press.
• Also, a President can serve a maximum of two – five year term under the constitution.
Population and Geography
• South Africa is ranked the world’s 26th largest population and 24th largest in terms of land area.
• South Africa as a prime tourist destination comprises of mountains, grasslands, subtropical forests, wetlands and desert.
• The beautiful view from the skyscrapers makes the country unique in terms of infrastructure.
Languages and Education
• The most common home language spoken by the largest part of South Africa’s population is the ‘isiZulu’.
• Again, South Africa is a multilingual country with 11 official languages namely; Afrikaans, English, isiZulu, Sesotho, isiNdebele, isiXhosa, Setswana, siSwati and so on.
Entertainment, Travel and Lifestyle
• South Africa is the home of Nelson Mandela and Archbishop Desmond Tutu, Noble Peace Prize winners, who both lived on the same street.
• It is the 6th best country in the world to live in and home of some of the world’s favourite cities.
• The Cape Floral kingdom is one of the world’s 6th floral kingdoms, with a collection and variety of flowers to sweep any lady off her feet.
These and many more facts makes South Africa one of the outstanding countries in Africa and around the world.