Meet the richest man in ghana
This article is about the Richest Man In Ghana and more.
Ghana is a country of middle income with abundant resources. It has a market-based economy and few trade barriers.
Ghana has a wealth of natural resources, including hydrocarbons, precious metals, and industrial materials.
The region’s digital and mixed economy has allowed some prominent billionaires to become the wealthiest men and women in Ghana. Some have even been ranked among the most wealthy people in Africa.
Ghana’s stock exchange is ranked 5th in Africa. This is a promising ranking for a country that has worked hard in making Ghana one of the most successful countries in Africa.
It is also the second-largest cocoa producer in the world. Because of its vast resources, it is a country with a middle income.
Continue reading to learn more about the 10 richest Ghanaian men and women of 2021.
Table of Contents
- Who Is The Richest Man In Ghana?
- Who is the richest man in Ghana 2020?
- Top 10 richest man in ghana 2020
- The richest man in Ghana 2016
- Top 50 richest man in ghana 2020
- Top 10 richest men in Ghana 2021
- Ernesto Taricone Net Worth of $1.3 Billion
- Nabil Edmond Mokarzel – Net Worth of $900 Million
- Ibrahim Micheal Mahama — Net worth of $860 Million
- Alhaji Mohammed Ahmed Odaymat — Net worth of $850 Million
- The Irani Family – Net Worth of $800 Million
- Patricia Poku Diaby Net Worth of $720 Million
- The Kalmoni Family – Net Worth of $700 Million
- 9. Kwabena Duffuor – Net Worth of $680 Million
- The Awuah–Darko Family – Net Worth of $650 Million
- Richest man in the world
Who Is The Richest Man In Ghana?
The Richest Man In Ghana is Ernesto Taricone with a Net worth of $1.3 billion as of the year 2021.
Who is the richest man in Ghana 2020?
Charles Ampofo was the richest man in Ghana in 2020.
Top 10 richest man in ghana 2020
See The list of the top 10 richest men in Ghana 2020 below:
- Charles Ampofo ($1.46 Billion)
- Ernesto Taricone ($1.3 Billion)
- Sam Jonah ($1.2 Billion)
- Nabil Edmond Moukarzel ($900 Million)
- Ibrahim Mahama ($860 Million)
- Mohammed Ahmed Odaymat ($800 Million)
- The Irani Family ($800 Million)
- Kwabena Duffuor ($680 Million)
- Joseph Siaw Agyepong ($600 Million)
- Ramchand Udharam Mohinani ($580 Million)
The richest man in Ghana 2016
Charles Ampofo was the richest man in Ghana with a net worth of $1.46 billion in 2016.
Top 50 richest man in ghana 2020
Find the list of the top 50 richest Ghanaians in 2020 below:
- CHARLES AMPOFO: Est. Net Worth: $1.46 Billion
- ERNESTO TARRICONE: Est. Net Worth: $1.3 Billion
- SAM ESSON JONAH: Est. Net Worth: $1.2 Billion
- NABIL EDMOND MOURKAZEL: Est. Net Worth: $900 Million
- MICHAEL IBRAHIM MAHAMA: Est. Net Worth: $860 Million
- MOHAMMED AHMED ODAYMAT: Est. Net Worth: $850 Million
- THE IRANI FAMILY: Est. Net Worth: $800 Million
- PATRICIA POKU-DIABY: Est. Net Worth: $720 Million
- THE KALMONI FAMILY: Est. Net Worth: $700 Million
- KWABENA DUFFUOR: Est. Net Worth: $680 Million
- THE AWUAH-DARKO FAMILY: Est. Net Worth: $650 Million
- MILAD MILLET & FAMILY: Est. Net Worth: $620 Million
- JOSEPH SIAW AGYEPONG: Est. Net Worth: $600 Million
- RAMCHAND UDHARAM MOHINANI: Est. Net Worth: $580 Million
- ADAMU IDDRISU: Est. Net Worth: $550 Million
- THE HITTI FAMILY: Est. Net Worth: $540 Million
- THE AZAR FAMILY: Est. Net Worth: $520 Million
- KWABENA ADJARE DANQUAH: Est. Net Worth: $500 Million
- GHASSAN YARED: Est. Net Worth: $480 Million
- SERGE BAKALIAN: Est. Net Worth: $460 Million
- THE BITAR FAMILY: Est. Net Worth: $450 Million
- THOMAS SVANIKIER: Est. Net Worth: $435 Million
- SAIED FAKHRY: Est. Net Worth: $430 Million
- THERESA OPPONG-BEEKO: Est. Net Worth: $420 Million
- PAPA KWESI NDOUM: Est. Net Worth: $410 Million
- KWABENA ADJEI: Est. Net Worth: $400 Million
- ENRICO DE SIMONE: Est. Net Worth: $400 Million
- B.K. AMANDI: Est. Net Worth: $400 Million
- BHAGWAN KHUBCHANDANI: Est. Net Worth: $380 Million
- MACDONALD VASNANI: Est. Net Worth: $360 Million
- JOHN TAYLOR: Est. Net Worth: $355 Million
- THE SOLOMON LABA FAMILY: Est. Net Worth: $350 Million
- KWAKU BEDIAKO: Est. Net Worth: $350 Million
- KOFI AMOAH: Est. Net Worth: $341 Million
- CHRIS CHINEBUAH: Est. Net Worth: $330 Million
- OKO-NIKOI DZANI: Est. Net Worth: $324 Million
- KWAME BAWUAH-EDUSEI: Est. Net Worth: $300 Million
- TONY OTENG-GYASI: Est. Net Worth: $300 Million
- TOGBE AFEDE XIV: Est. Net Worth: $280 Million
- GEORGE OWUSU: Est. Net Worth: $278 Million
- ERNEST BEDIAKO SAMPONG: Est. Net Worth: $276 Million
- FAWZI WOLLEY: Est. Net Worth: $275 Million
- FRANK ACHAMPONG: Est. Net Worth: $275 Million
- MICHAEL AGYEKUM ADDO: Est. Net Worth: $270 Million
- KEN OFORI-ATTA: Est. Net Worth: $260 Million
- YUSIF IBRAHIM: Est. Net Worth: $255 Million
- THE ADDISON FAMILY: Est. Net Worth: $250 Million
- KATE QUARTEY-PAPAFIO: Est. Net Worth: $250 Million
- KELI GADZEKPO: Est. Net Worth: $235 Million
- KWAME ACHAMPONG-KYEI: Est. Net Worth: $233 Million
Top 10 richest men in Ghana 2021
- Ernesto Taricone – Net worth of $1.3 billion
- Sir Sam E. Jonah – Net worth of $1.2 billion
- . Nabil Edmond Moukarzel – Net worth of $900 million
- Ibrahim Micheal Mahama – Net worth of $860 million
- Alhaji Mohammed Ahmed Odaymat – Net worth of $850 million
- The Irani Family – Net worth of $800 million
- Patricia Poku Diaby – Net worth of $720 million
- The Kalmoni Family – Net worth of $700 million
- . Kwabena Duffuor – Net worth of $680 million
- The Awuah-Darko Family – Net worth of $650 million
Profiles Of The Top 10 richest men in Ghana 2021 are as follow:
Ernesto Taricone Net Worth of $1.3 Billion
Ernesto Taricone is the richest man in Ghana. Ernesto Taricone is Ghana’s richest man. He was once ranked second in Ghana after Charles Ampofo, the former richest man of Ghana.
Ernesto, a Ghanaian investor, was born in Italy in 1948. Ernesto arrived in Ghana in 1968 with his siblings and father.
He founded the conglomerate Trasacco. He is a well-known businessman with a net worth of $1.3 billion.
Ernesto Taricone’s wealth source
Ernesto is the head of Trasacco Group. It focuses on Agro Business and construction, mining, design, as well as real estate development. Trasacco Estate Development Company is a subsidiary that has invested over $500 million in ongoing projects throughout Ghana.
Ernesto has become the wealthiest man in Ghana because of all his investments in Trasacco.
Sir Sam E. Jonah Net Worth of $1.2 Billion
Sir Sam E. Jonah, the second-richest man among the top ten wealthiest men and women in Ghana with a net worth of $1.2 Billion, is the richest man.
Sir Sam E. Jonah was a Cape Coast native in November 1949. Jonah once said that his life wasn’t always perfect.
He began his career in Ashanti Goldfield’s deep mining operations in central Ghana at the age of 25. In exchange for an engineering scholarship from the U.K.’s Exeter University, he worked underground for Ashanti Mining Company.
Later, the billionaire businessman graduated from Harvard and returned to Ashanti Mining.
Forbes reports that Ashanti’s Chief Executive Officer was Sam E. Jonah. He reached this position in 1986 at the age of 36 after only 11 years of underground work for the Ashanti mining firm.
Sir Sam E. Jonah’s source of wealth
Sir Sam E. Jonah owns a holding company and private equity business Jonah Capital Limited, which invests in the mining sector as well as real estate, agriculture, and construction.
Jonah Capital was his main source of wealth, with 78% of Jonah Capital. His investments helped him to increase his net worth and make him one of Ghana’s most successful men and women.
Sir Sam E. Jonah has made investments in Africa in a new business niche, which has helped him rank second in Ghana.
He was awarded Ghana’s highest award, the Companion of the Order of the Star of the Volta. This recognized him as one of Ghana’s most prominent and wealthy men.
Nabil Edmond Mokarzel – Net Worth of $900 Million
Nabil Edmond Mokarzel is the third richest man among the top ten wealthiest men and women in Ghana. His incredible net worth of $900million has enabled him to make it to our list. Nabil Edmond Mokarzel is the third richest man in Ghana among the top ten wealthiest men and women.
Finatrade is one of the most important food distribution and manufacturing companies in West Africa. The largest shareholdings belong to the famous businessman.
Finatrade is home to many subsidiaries, including Akuafo Adamfo and Ghana Market Direct Ltd., Continental Commodity Trading Company, Sucatrade, and others.
Finatrade offers frozen foods, vegetable oils, sugar, cocoa, and meat as well as dairy products, beverages, powdered milk, animal feed, tiles.
Nabil Edmond Moukarzel, Philanthropy
Finatrade also supports social development and gives back to the community. Finatrade has established a scholarship program for agricultural students.
It also partnered up with the Kofi Annan International ICT Centre of Excellence in Ghana to promote and integrate ICT within the communities.
Ibrahim Micheal Mahama — Net worth of $860 Million
Ibrahim Micheal Mahama, the fourth richest man in Ghana, has a net worth of $860 million.
This wealthy businessman is John Dramani Mahama’s younger brother. He was born to the family Emmanuel Adama Mahama on 29 January 1971.
Engineers and Planners are owned by Ibrahim Micheal Mahama. This company specializes in mining, construction, and civil works. It also hires heavy-duty machinery and provides consulting services.
Ibrahim Mahama in 2021 opened his cement company called Dzata Cement.
A famous businessman, who has made investments in various areas of Ghana’s economy, helped him to earn enormous money and become the fourth-richest man among the top ten wealthiest men and women in Ghana.
- Millionaire Ibrahim Mahama drifting in one of his expensive cars on the premises of his Dzata Cement Factory.
- Ibrahim Mahama Companies.
Alhaji Mohammed Ahmed Odaymat — Net worth of $850 Million
Alhaji Mohammed Ahmed Odaymat, the 5th richest man Ghanaian with an estimated net worth of $850 Million, is listed on the Ghana Top Rich Men and Women List.
Mohammed Ahmed Odaymat, a Ghanaian but of Lebanese heritage, is Mohammed Ahmed Odaymat. Before he bought the BBC Industrial Company, he worked once for Toyota Ghana.
He is currently chairman of IPMC. This company focuses on the development of a regional digital economy through system integration, software-development, and IT skills-development programs.
Mohammed Ahmed Odaymat also had other sources of income, including Rana Motors & Metal Works Engineering Co. Ltd.
The Irani Family – Net Worth of $800 Million
Anthony Irani and Edmund Irani, also known as the Irani brothers, are often referred to as “the Irani family”. They reside in Ghana but, like Mohammed Ahmed Odaymat of Lebanese descent, they also live there.
In the top 100 richest families in Ghana, the Irani family is the sixth-richest man.
The Irani Brothers and Other Limited were founded by the brothers. In 1967, they established Irani Brothers & Others Limited, a flour-producing manufacturing company.
Over 60% of Ghana’s wheat flour is owned by the Irani family, which has allowed them to become among the most wealthy in Ghana. They export more than 180,000 metric tonnes of wheat each year that is used in bread and other pastries.
Patricia Poku Diaby Net Worth of $720 Million
Patricia Poku Diaby is the 7th richest person from Ghana. She is also the first woman to be included among the top ten wealthiest people in Ghana. Patricia is also the wealthiest woman in Ghana.
This businesswoman is a successful entrepreneur who started her business career with her family’s trading business. She then opened a company called Plot Enterprise Group in Ghana and Ivory Coast.
Plot Enterprise Ghana, a Ghanaian company that focuses on cocoa processing, is called Plot Enterprise Ghana. In 2010, the company was fully operational and had different machines and plants.
The company owns a plant in Takoradi (Ghana) and is worth $90 million. The Plot enterprise exports its products to the US and Europe, Asia, Australia, and the Middle East.
Patricia Poku Diaby is the 7th richest person in Ghana and the 7th richest woman. She has been a successful plant importer to many countries around the world.
The Kalmoni Family – Net Worth of $700 Million
Jalal Kalmoni and Salem Kalmoni, Nouhad Kalmoni, and Salah Kweku Kalmoni are the top ten wealthiest men and women in Ghana.
They are the Successors of the Salem Kalmoni’s fortunes. Salem Kalmoni was the patriarch of the Kalmoni family. He is a Lebanese immigrant who arrived in Ghana prior to the start of the second world war.
His sons assumed control of Kalmoni and his Sons after his death.
The Kalmoni Family is a source of wealth
Kalmoni & Sons were founded by Salem Kalmoni. Later, was renamed to;
- Japan Motors Trading Company LTD
- Modern Auto Services
- Silver Star Auto,
- Silver Star Tower,
- Lakeside Estate,
- Advanced Construction
- Oman Fofor Trading Company Limited, all as subsidiaries.
9. Kwabena Duffuor – Net Worth of $680 Million
Kwabena Dauffuor is the 9th richest person from Ghana with a net worth of $680 million.
He received his B.Sc. in Economics from the University of Ghana, and his MBA from Syracuse University in New York.
Kwabena Dubuor was the former Governor of the Bank of Ghana, serving as such from July 1997 to September 2001. Kwabena Dubuor was one of four top central bank governors worldwide in 1999.
He was the Governor of the Bank of Ghana and earned so much money that he became one of the most wealthy people in Ghana.
Akufo is founder and chairman at HODA Holdings, a company that includes Insurance, Banking, Real Estates, Farming, Mining, and Media. This business has helped him to rank 9th in Ghana in 2021.
The Awuah–Darko Family – Net Worth of $650 Million
The Awuah/Darko Family is the joint 10th richest in Ghana’s list of the top wealthiest men and women in 2021. Nana Awuah Darko Ampem, the founder of the insurance company Awuah Darko Family, founded it.
Nana Awuah Darko Ampem started as an insurance broker in Ghana before the Ghanaian government passed a law that prohibited government agencies from dealing directly with brokers.
Nana Awuah–Darko Ampem was killed in 2005, shortly after his family assumed control of the business. Vanguard Assurance is an insurance company that has strong roots in Ghana.
The Vanguard Insurance company was the largest source of their wealth, and the Awuah/Darko Family is the 10th richest family in Ghana. Their net worth is $650 million.
The vanguard insurance company is owned by the Awuah–Darko family.
Richest man in the world
With a net worth of $278 billion, Elon Musk, co-founder and CEO at Tesla, is the world’s richest person. Jeff Bezos is behind Musk, the co-founder and CEO of Tesla, with an estimated net worth $202 billion.