The number of billionaires in India reduced to 136 in 2020-21 from 141 in 2019-20. This was made known by Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman when she appeared before Parliament on August 10 to address the house.
Her assessment is based on the gross total income declared in the income tax return. India is the new hub to some insanely wealthy families and persons who are famous across the globe.
The country has the third-largest group of billionaires and follows after the US and China in rankings. 121 people out of the 2068 individuals in India are amongst the richest. Let’s take a look at them:
1.Mukesh Ambani worth $73.8 Billion.
The first position is the tycoon Mukesh Ambani, whose booming telecommunications company Jio has added $4.1 billion to his net worth. He is the Chairman and managing director of Reliance industries.
2. Gautam Adani is worth $60.7 Billion
He is the second most richest and the leader of Adami group which deals in Pharmaceuticals.
3. Shiv Nadar is worth $22. 6 billion.
As the chairman of HCL, the billionaire is also the founder of shiv foundation. He is also a philanthropist. His interest is in pharmaceutical products and real estate.
4. Lakshmi Mittal is worth $19.1 billion
He is the chairman of AncelorMittal. Founder of Karrick Limited and co-owner of the popular football club Queens park Rangers FC.
5. Pallonji Shapoorji Mistry is worth 15. 2 billion.
He deals in Industry construction and the chairman of Pallonji Group.
6. Radhakishan Damani worth $14.4 billion.
He is the founder of renowned shopping retail D-Mart. He is also into investment.
7. Hinduja family with net worth of $14.4 billion.
Founded by their father Parmanand Deepchand Hinduja, the company is now run by his children Shrichand, Gopichand, Prakash, and Ashok. They are based in Europe.
The Hinduja Family owns a mansion worth an estimated half a billion dollars, called Carlton House terrace, in London, near Buckingham Palace, making them one of the wealthiest Asian families in Britain.
8. Cyrus Poonawala is estimated to be worth $13.3 billion.
The billionaire deals in vaccines. Cyrus Poonawalla, is the chairman of the Pune-based Serum Institute of India (SII)
9. Savitri Jindal is worth $14.6 billion.
The chairperson of Jindal group is also the richest woman in India who deals in steel manufacturing.
10. Uday Kotak is worth $14.4 billion
He is the founder of Kotak Mahindra Bank. Uday Kotak is the vice-chairman and managing director of Kotak Mahindra Bank. He owns a 50 per cent stake in Kotak Mahindra Bank, which he founded and runs.
11. Kumar Managalam Birla is worth $13.3 billion.
He deals in Industry commodities. He is also into communications and the former chief executive officer of Vodafone.
12. Dilip Sanghvi is worth $12.5 Billion.
He deals in Pharmaceutical products. This business mogul is founder of Sun pharmaceuticals industries. It is India’s largest pharmaceutical establishment and world’s fourth largest drugs manufacturing company. He is an Indian billionaire businessman and stands 216th in the world’s richest businessmen.
13. Godrej Family is $11 billion
They deal in real estate.
14. Sunil Mittal is worth $11 billion
The founder of airtel enterprise who deals in telecommunications.
15. Burman Family worth $9.2 billion.
Ownership of Dubar Pharmacy.
16. Azim Premji is worth $9 Billion
The business mogul deals in software, services.
17. Benu Gopal Bangur is $8.3 billion
He deals in cement manufacturing and is the chairman of Shree cement.
18. Murali Divi is worth $7.9 Billion.
The researcher deals in pharmaceutical products. He is also into farming and growing orchards.
19. Bajaj Family net worth $7.4 billion.
The company deals in home appliances.
20. Madhukar Parekh is worth $7.2 billion.
The billionaire who is a business mogul produces chemicals.
21. Kuldip Singh and Gurbarchan Singh Dhingra.
The Brothers are worth $8.6 Billion. They manufacture paints and own Berger Paints
22. Pankaj Patel is worth $7.1 billion.
The tycoon is the chairman of Indian Chambers of commerce and industry.
23. Kushal Pal Singh worth $6.9 Billion
Kushal Pal Singh, the business magnate invests in real estate and is worth $6.9 Billion
23. Ashwin Dani, is also a top Indian billionaire with an estimated worth of $6.9 Billion.
The mogul company manufactures paint. He is also into other investments.
24. Sudhir and Samir Mehta; These brothers are worth $5.9 Billion
Their prime businesses is their industries manufacturing Pharmaceuticals and power supply equipment.
25. Hasmukh Chudgar is worth $5.8 Billion
Chairman of Intas Pharmaceuticals is worth $5.8 Billion. He produces drugs and vaccines.
27. Mahendra Choksi, is the man with money worth $5.4 Billion.
His industry manufactures paint.
28. Kapil and Rahul Bhatia, Net Worth $5.1 Billion
Chairman and co-chairman of Indigo, deals in Airlines businesses.
29. Lal Bawri Family worth $5 Billion
Girdhari Lal Bawri, Rajendra Agarwal, and Banwari Lal Bawri are blood related and owned a pharmacy which produced anti-TB medicines. They are worth $5 Billion.
30. Abhay Vakil is worth $4.9 Billion
A business tycoon whose wealth comes from his father’s business known as Asian Paint. He is worth $4.9 billion.
31. Vikram Lal is worth $4.8 Billion
His Eicher motors manufacture Motorcycles and vehicles.
32. M.G. George Muthoot, Net Worth $4.8 Billion
The financial service provider is estimated to be worth $4.8 Billion
33. Lulu founder is worth $4.7 Billion
Managing director, M.A. Yusuff Ali is believed to be worth $4.7 billion by his numerous stores throughout Asia.
34. Anil Agarwal, the founder and chairman of Vedanta Resources Plc is worth $4.5 Billion
He is the owner of the largest mining company of India.
35. The Singh family invests in Laboratory research and pharmaceuticals and it’s worth $4.35 Billion.
36. The founder of Biocon Limited, Kiran Muzamdar Shaw is a business woman with a whooping amount of $3.9 Billion.
The biotechnology company is located in India and she is also the former chairperson of Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore.
37. Hero Motocorp chairman, Pawan Munjal is worth $3.7 billion.
He deals in vehicles manufacturing and also real estate developer.
38. Karsanbhai Patel is worth $3.8 Billion.
The founder of Nirma group which deals in soap, cosmetics and detergent businesses.
39. Nusli Wadia is worth $3.7 billion
Chairman of Wadia group. They manufacture textiles, chemicals, aviation and also estates development.
40. Ajay Piramal is worth $3.7 Billion
His determination and seal created the Piramal group of companies with huge success in Health Care, real estate with Ajay Piramal. He is with $3.7billion
41. With an estimated worth of $3.5 Billion
P.V. Ramprasad Reddy, the 688th billionaire in the world, is known for dealing in pharmaceutical products. He is the co-founder Aurobinda Pharma.
42. Leena Tawari, the female billionaire is worth $3.4 billion dollars.
She also deals in pharmaceutical products. She inherited from her father.
43. Bhartia brothers; Shyam Bhartia and Hari Bhartia are worth $3.4 Billion.
They manage Jubilant Bhartia group which deals in pharma, fast food, energy and auto distribution.
43. Reddy Family now worth $3.25 billion.
These caretakers inherited from Anji Reddy, the founder who dealt in pharmaceutical products.
44. Gupta Family, another family built business empire which is worth $3.2 billion.
The founder passed on in 2017 and the company is now run by his children Vinita and Nilesh.
They are also into pharmaceuticals.
45. P.P Reddy is the business tycoon with $3.1 Billion.
He deals in infrastructural projects across the globe.
46. Edtech founders; Byju Raveendran and Divya Gokulnath are worth $3.5 billion.
They established this firm online and it’s a huge company now.
48. Harsh Mariwala, is worth $2.9 billion.
The chairman of Marico consumer goods in India and his source of wealth is Pharmaceutical and health products.
49. Yusif Hamied, worth $2.1 Billion
He deals in Pharmaceutical products. He and his brother inherited the family pharma firm from their father who passed on in 1972.
50. Nithin Kamath is worth $1.5 Billion
Was a school dropout, started to work at a call center and starting Zerodha and True Beacon. He is also into the game of chess. He is the youngest billionaire.Follow Cbgist.com On: