Vanessa Guillén was a 20-year-old American soldier who was murdered on April 22, 2020.
Vanessa was born on September 30, 1999, in Houston, Texas. She was one of the children of Rogelio and Gloria Guillén. Vanessa had 5 siblings.
After completing E. Chavez High School in 2018, she joined the U.S. Army in June 2018 and trained as an arms repairer.
On April 22, 2020, Guillén was murdered by Aaron David Robinson. Her corpse was discovered along the Leon River on June 30 after she had been missing for two months.
In this article article, we’ll talk about 10 facts you probably did not know about the young soldier.
10 Facts About Vanessa Guillén
- She was born on September 30, 1999 and was only 20 years old when she died.
- She is one of the four daughter and six children of Rogelio and Gloria Guillén.
- Vanessa’s parents are Mexican immigrants. They from Zacatecas State in Mexico.
- Vanessa is an American. She was born in Houston, Texas. She is however of Mexican descent.
- She was 5’3″ (1.6 m) tall. She also had three tattoos on her left arm.
- Before her death, Vanessa was engaged to Juan Cruz. The pair got engaged in March 2020.
- Vanessa entered the military when she was 18 years immediately after she graduated high school.
- In the army, Vanessa was a trained 91F, Small Arms and Artillery Repairer.
- Her body was found along the Leon River where she was buried by her murderer.
- She was posthumously promoted to Specialist from her previous Private First Class rank on July 1.